Thursday, April 18, 2013

Touchstones: Object design


This one goes out to the various sources that have influenced, in some shape or form, the way I design things for whatever I may need to.

WETA (do you capitalize all of that?) Studios. 

Which reminds me of Stan Winston (now Legacy I believe) Studios.

Which segues into Appleseed.

The guns...and kinda Briareos. 




Which somehow takes me to the punks...cyber and steam.
 Which takes me directly to Steampunk fashion.












Which takes me to both Victorian/Renaissance fashion and the weird and kinda spooky.


But alongside the Steampunk fashion I am reminded of things like Heavy Metal.
Which makes me think of Unreal Tournament.





(The image managing thing on this is really stupid. )
And while thinking of the darker designs I think of things like:


Thinking of the sleeker designs makes me think of:

And for now this is all that comes to my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment